Visit the Pacaya Volcano National Park — home to the most active volcano in Guatemala! with a visit to the hot springs.
Pacaya Hike Experience One Day Tour
- Adult Ages 10+
- Child Ages 2-10
Adventure in the Pacaya Volcano to admire the beautiful landscape and delight yourself in an outdoor space surrounded by local vegetation.
You will be picked up in our meeting points in Antigua Guatemala and transfer to National Park Pacaya Volcano.
Upon arrival at the Park you will be waiting for our local guide, an expert in the area which will fill you with all your knowledge.
Pacaya Volcano is the most active volcano in Guatemala, its 2500 m. above the sea; the environment is formed by humid forest and rocks.
We will start hiking from the San Vicente de Pacaya village and begin the adventure with a walking of 60 minutes ascending to the top of the Volcano getting into trails, On the way we will be able to appreciate the beautiful landscape with a view to the Agua volcano and the Fuego Volcano, You can also appreciate the local vegetation and some species that live in the area which you can get to know a little more with our local guide.
Around the middle of the road you will find the Lava Store where you can take a beautiful souvenir handmade of volcanic material by local artisan so you do not forget your visit to the Pacaya Volcano and with your purchase you will be supporting the local work of artisans of the community.
Walking on the trails, you will realize that we leave behind the paths full of vegetation and with leafy trees and we will arrive at a flat area without vegetation. This means that we have reached the top of the volcano since due to the continuous eruptions that the volcano makes the plants can not bloom in this area.
When we get to the top of the Volcano we can enjoy the experience of roasting marshmallows on volcanic rocks and share with others.
After the visit and experience lived on the Pacaya Volcano we will return to Antigua Guatemala.
- Pick up & drop off in our meeting points
- Local guide
- Entrance to Pacaya Volcano
- Meal Not included
- Please be ready in our meeting points 10 minutes before the start time, choose the one nearest to your location.
- Tours include bilingual guide (English and Spanish).
- Please keep in mind that when climbing an active volcano changes in activity and weather may cancel or shorten the excursion at anytime.
- Medical and Legal Note: Guests booking this tour certify that they are in excellent physical condition and free from any heart, respiratory and/or back condition and are not pregnant. Booking of this tour constitutes an acceptance of the inherent risk of climbing any active volcano and the guest agrees to hold Gray Line all subsidiaries, licensees, staff members and vendors harmless and not liable for any and all injuries or death as a result of taking this tour.