Visit Antigua, Guatemala, a restored colonial city. Then, soak at Kawilal – a hot spring offering many thermal pools, steam baths, and relaxing spa services.
- Adults Ages 13+
Visit Pacaya Volcano & Kawilal Hot Springs
Pacaya is an active volcano located in the municipality of San Vicente Pacaya in the department of Escuintla, Guatemala.
You will be picked up in our meeting points in Antigua Guatemala City and Transfer to National Park Pacaya Volcano sometimes we will be transfer via Guatemala City so you have other people to share your experience with.
Upon arrival at the Park you will be waiting for our local guide, an expert in the area which will fill you with all your knowledge.
We will start hiking from the San Vicente de Pacaya village and begin the adventure with a walking of 60 minutes ascending to the Volcano getting into trails, On the way we will be able to appreciate the beautiful landscape with a view to the Agua volcano and the Fuego Volcano, You can also appreciate the local vegetation and some species that live in the area which you can get to know a little more with our local guide.
At the end of our walk we will reach a rocky and arid area where we can see the volcano and lava flows, where we can cook marshmallows. Time to take souvenir photographs.
We will begin our descent and during our journey we will find the Lava Store where you can buy a souvenir made with volcanic material and with your purchase you will be able to support the community.
After the visit we will move to the Hot Springs where we can enjoy the properties of them. We will enjoy a delicious lunch (included)
Kawilal is a world of relaxation, where the most important elements of nature are present in this unique place of thermal waters, in our environment are the mixed fire and heat of the Pacaya volcano that gives us the thermal waters and vapors. It has a complex that promotes sustainable tourism in our country, and has 12 thermal pools, thermal circuit, steam baths, 25 and 3 Hydrotherapy Baths. The Spa offers relaxing massages, Reflexology, Shiatsu for relaxation, manicures and pedicures, among others.
At the end of the visit, transfer to Antigua Guatemala City via Guatemala City.
- Local guide
- Pick-up & drop-off in our meeting points
- Entrance to Pacaya Volcano
- Thermal Hot Springs Circuit
- Meals or services not mentioned
- Please be ready in our meeting points 10 minutes before the start time, choose the one nearest to your location.
- It is recommended that you bring walking shoes, hat, sunglasses, and a camera.
- Please keep in mind that when climbing an active volcano changes in activity and weather may cancel or shorten the excursion at anytime.
- Medical and Legal Note: Guests booking this tour certify that they are in excellent physical condition and free from any heart, respiratory and/or back condition and are not pregnant. Booking of this tour constitutes an acceptance of the inherent risk of climbing any active volcano and the guest agrees to hold Gray Line all subsidiaries, licensees, staff members and vendors harmless and not liable for any and all injuries or death as a result of taking this tour.